Wednesday, 13 April 2011

Mail Call

Long ago when I was in the Air Force we used to spend half the day waiting for the mail bag to arrive to see if there were any letters, nowadays it’s rare to get a letter, most people send emails so it’s a lovely surprise when something that isn’t a bill (or fabric) is in the mailbox.

IMG_5455

This postcard arrived today – from Heather at Retro-fabulous blog, she sent it while she was at a Dear Jane quilting retreat (lucky her).

The description of the picture reads - the room pictured is a typical Amish room which is without electricity and generally bare of any floor covering.  The Amish home is not cluttered, since only the necessities are allowed, but never curtains.

I quite like the look of the quilt on the bed, looks like a star with a flower appliqued on, nice big blocks, the border also looks quite interesting, not to mention my favourite colour combination of blue and white.

2 comments:

  1. That's gorgeous, Pip! I love the simplicity of everything Amish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pip,
    I'm so glad you enjoyed the postcard. It's been such a pleasure getting to know you through the Dear Jane journey.
    All my best,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)