Monday, 14 March 2011

Triangle rows completed

I finished the last row of triangles this afternoon, they can wait till tomorrow before I attach them to the rest of the quilt, and all going well I will insert the corners, although I’m fairly sure that I will have to adjust one of the corners as it just doesn’t look right.  I’m hoping it’s just a matter of unsewing a piece and re-aligning it, otherwise it will be a re-do as one thing I’ve found with this quilt – accuracy is vital.

IMG_5356

Don’t the triangles look great lined up like this?  I thought it would make a fantastic quilt if there were a few more rows.  The solid triangles would also look great if they were the same fabric as the pieced triangle they butt up against.  Or you could even put a small sashing between each one…

9 comments:

  1. you must be getting excited, i know i am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. or...you could just stitch them on to the quilt and call it finished! :) looking forward to the big reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look fantastic...so exciting to have a Jane so close to completion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's looking good. Triangles aren't easy to pieces together and you've done a great job with your borders.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great. I'm sure you'll work out the problem with the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Pip, I am in awe of you and your quilt. Love Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  7. AMAZING!! Your blues are so beautiful, Pip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Pip!
    Your last row of triangles is GORGEOUS! Yes, I agree these triangle blocks would make a stunning quilt all by themselves.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)