Friday, 4 March 2011

Lounging about

I always toss up whether to wash my fabric or not, in the end I usually do as I figure it will be safer, even though I find the task itself a bit of a pain (think of the ironing**). 

These are all the Civil War reproduction fabrics that I have purchased recently, I’m not a big fan of the colours but I have to admit that they are starting to grow on me.  I have deliberately steered away from blue and instead moved into the red, orange, brown part of the spectrum although a few blues seem to have crept in :)

IMG_5287

Now if I could just train Cody to iron them for me instead of lounging about looking beautiful ….

IMG_5277

life is so hard when you are a cat….

** I have decided that I won’t iron them until I use them.

7 comments:

  1. Oh Pip I understand completely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same thing sometimes...leave my clothes items unironed until I need them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These fabrics look wonderful for your quilt!
    It makes good sense to iron as you go! I will have to follow your lead with this smart practice.
    Can't wait to see your blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Cody. Your creations are just great. I also prefer to just wash my fabrics and iron when I use them.
    Hugs from South Africa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the reminder.....I have 5 CW blocks made so far, and since it's been awhile since I've quilted, darn it, I forgot to wash the fabric! I really love your Dear Jane ~ can't wait to see what you do with this one! Also, great pictures of Cody!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pip, I do like those fabrics. Have to admit I rarely wash before using and I think leaving ironing till using could be a good idea (might save doing it twice??)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stash. So lovely

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)