Saturday, 12 March 2011

Left hand side

was sewn together with no more mistakes and I have even attached it to the main quilt.  I’m hoping the right hand side will come together a bit faster as I now have a better idea of what I’m doing.  Marking the seam positions on both the pieced and plain triangles made it a lot simpler to line everything up.

IMG_5339

I’ve decided to insert the corner kites last and I will sew them in by hand, I think I stand a better chance of getting them lined up nicely doing it that way. 

7 comments:

  1. Your quilt looks amazing- you have obviously spent a lot of time doing such precise work-looking at your sidebar I see that you have used over 5000 pieces- WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks wonderful, congratulations. I always get in a muddle sewing any sort of triangle other than a 1/2 square triangle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done Pip, It looks wonderful, you should be very proud

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work,

    This is going to be such a special piece when it's all said and done.

    Best Wishes
    Belinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sending the first thing that came out of my mouth when I looked at this: "wow"! It was a rather soft "wow", as in "that is totally amazing"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those triangle borders look AMAZING! I really LOVE your beautiful Blue Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, just wow - what a great quilt, Pip, just amazing! Hugs from Donna in Brisbane.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)