Friday, 4 February 2011

Progress

Putting the sashing on the blocks and then sewing the rows together is coming along quite nicely now.  I did have a few problems at the start, most of my own making which is why Rows L and M are awaiting a weekend date with the unpicker!!

IMG_5136

Rows H to K

Next time I wouldn’t sew the blocks together in strips, I had originally planned to join units of 9 or 12 blocks together and then sew them together, but I changed my mind, next time I will know better.

The key thing I think is accuracy and even though it is tiresome I have used my DJ square to check each block and sashing after I have sewn them together to make sure they are the correct size.  When it came to sewing the long sashing strip I have some pieces that don’t quite line up but I’m quite happy with how it looks and I don’t think it will affect the end result as the sides have all lined up quite well.

15 comments:

  1. Oooooooh..... It's beautiful. So small so far, but breath taking. It will be wonderful when finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That is stunning Pip. I can't wait to see the finished product.
    Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's coming together beautifully! A feast for the eyes.

    Joolz

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lively looking quilt. I'm with joolzmac - definitely a feast for the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Pip ~ that is beautiful! I know it's a lot of work, but what an accomplishment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. Looking good. You must be excited to see it all coming together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seeing all those blocks sewn together really helps to see how gorgeous this Blue quilt will be.
    I am in AWE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is looking amazing! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Using white fabric for the sashing really makes each individual block stand out - it is coming together so beautifully and looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is one of those quilts of a lifetime, a little tedium now will soon be forgotten when the quilt it done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Pip
    It looks amazing. You can't be anything but pleased with it :)
    l
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)