Sunday, 27 February 2011

Prior preparation

and planning prevent poor performance.  I spent most of yesterday and today preparing and tracing my stitcheries ready for the 2011 Stitch-a-long which starts in March.  I’m waiting for my fabrics to arrive sometime in the next week or so, but I think the main thing is to have the stitching blocks ready to go, that way I will have no excuse not to start on time.

IMG_5253

I have also been trimming and checking for accuracy all my Dear Jane triangles in preparation for sewing the borders.  I think the best way will be to lay them all out around the quilt and then decide where each solid triangle will go.

IMG_5254

I can’t finish this post without mentioning the Christchurch earthquake,  I think this article - A letter to Christchurch on the NZ Herald website by columnist Paul Holmes says it all.

7 comments:

  1. hey your all ready............must get mine traced..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pip

    That letter to Christchurch really does say it all. So many of them are on their knees.

    Joolz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pip - I look forward to following your stitch-along progress. That first block looks adorable.
    Best wishes on those Triangle borders.
    I'll be watching closely and most likely will be taking notes. It will make things easier for me when I'm ready for that step!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing your DJ triangles and other 2011 plans!

    That letter about Christchurch sums it up; truly devastating.

    One month ago we stayed on the 18th floor of the Grand Chancellor Hotel in Christchurch...there was a 4.4 earthquake while we were in the room. Our hearts go out to New Zealanders.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pip,

    Thank you so much for including the link to A Letter to Christchurch. It gave me goosebumps. Blessed be all the Kiwis as NZ recovers from the devastating quake.

    You are one busy gal, starting up that BOM! Looks like great fun.
    Happy Stitching,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only one more sleep until we really need to get started!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Tris! Mine is blue and white too...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)