Wednesday, 9 February 2011

The other half

Today I finished joining the rows for the top half of the quilt.  Cutting the sashing strips a bit wider and then cutting them back has been much more successful than cutting the 1” strips.

IMG_5161

The sashing is still lining up quite well (well enough to satisfy me) and after putting it across the bed you don’t really notice that there are seams that don’t quite match.  Tomorrow will be the big day when I will join the pieces together (fingers crossed).

11 comments:

  1. Looking stunning Pip.
    You have incredible patience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pip that is looking fabulous - so crisp and clean and yet so detailed

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks beautiful. I can't wait to see it all put together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are coming along great with the sashing! The sash & assembly is going to be the most tedious part - but at least it's looking beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That is looking the goods!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness... it is magnificent !! We're blown away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow Pip..........all that work on the blocks is worth it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Pip, what a work of art. It is stunning! Your sister Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I look at this and all I can say is "WOW"....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blue and white deliciousness!!

    Joolz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous love it in the blue & white so fresh....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)