Tuesday, 15 February 2011

It’s a hard life

being a cat.  The picture below is what greeted us when we arrived home from a trip out today.  He opened one eye, chirruped and then went back to sleep.

IMG_5178

The pose reminds me of Ronald Searle's cat portraits.

On another note my blind date** didn’t go so well last night, by the time I got to bed I was too tired to read much, resulting in me being bonked me on the nose by my blind date, as I fell asleep while reading.

** The Daydreaming Boy by Micheline Aharonian Marcom

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful boy, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is gorgeous. Sounds like you blind date was like many others I have heard about! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photo and links... Thanks for the book tip !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cats.... I'd love to laze all day... but I'm not so good with the running crazy all night bit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He blends in quite nicely on your lovely quilt! I can almost feel how soft he is, just looking at this picture! Truly a pampered pet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least Cody acknowledged your presence - when I got back from a medical appointment this afternoon Zebby continued sleeping despite me dumping things on "our" bed.

    Cody's tum looks very tummy-rub-worthy. Does he like that? Zeb goes off into a super happy trance, then starts washing his face!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)