Wednesday, 23 February 2011

I decided that I

would make another corner kite, I wasn’t really happy with my original one so I cut out another one and used different fabrics for the petals.  Next time (yes, there will be a next time) I would do the star differently.

IMG_5250

I foundation pieced it for this block and then reverse appliqued it into position, next time I would just foundation piece that part of the block and join the whole thing to the rest of the block, much less trouble that way.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful work. Your applique looks just perfect to me. I haven't tried that kite yet, but soon, soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work, Pip, and I love the colours. Terri :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pip,
    Your kite is fantastic! Your melons look amazing...love the different fabrics and your embroidery, too.

    Happy Stitching,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent kite block, is that your last one for Dear jane... and now I remember..LOL
    Hugs Dawn x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)