Thursday, 3 February 2011

Hexies

both large and small.  The big hexie flower is part of an unfinished quilt that I think I may have started in 1980.  I have carted it around for years and every now and then take it out and look at it.  A few years ago I chopped into it to use it as the back of a quilt for the cat!!! the front was a small quilt top which I had made about the same time as I started the hexie quilt.

IMG_5126

Last month I dragged it out (yet again) and decided to repair it and finish it. I have one flower left to insert and then I will tidy up the edges, back it and quilt it.

The tiny hexies in the centre are part of a quilt block I am making, they are 1/4” hexies and I think preparing them for stitching together took longer than the actual stitching.  All I can say is thank goodness for fabric glue.

5 comments:

  1. My first hexie top is for the cat. I've been hand-quilting it (on and off) for about 4 years. I'd better finish it while Zeb is still here, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very neat. Your cat looked quite comfortable in your cupboard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful hexies! I can't believe the size of those little ones, and I look forward to seeing what you're making with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabric glue fixes a lot of things, the sewing is almost nothing compared to the getting ready on tiny little guys like those.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)