Wednesday, 16 February 2011

Finishing off

Yesterday I made the yo-yos so I could finish this little project off.

IMG_5180

I used one of these yo-yo makers which made it very easy indeed.  In fact I timed myself, and to make one yo-yo took just five minutes (the fabric was already cut in squares ready to go) including threading the needle, gathering up the yo-yo  and knotting the threads off at the end.

It took a bit longer to attach them to the block and was quite a fiddly job, I decided to finish off the yo-yos with some cute little buttons. All it needs now is a little hanger so I can hang it up in my sewing room.

2 comments:

  1. yo-yo's, I really like them. I have just put a pic of a quilt I made which had a few yo-yo's in them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yoyos really take me back to my childhood when we made clown dolls with them. Love how your little project worked out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)