Saturday, 22 January 2011

Time wasted??

The Spider Solitaire game on my lap top must be one of the biggest time wasters in my life.  From the day I first started playing I have been addicted and there wouldn’t be many days where I don’t have a game (or three).

IMG_4879

I have no idea of the number of hours I must have spent playing this game, but I do know how many games I have played thanks to the statistics counter on the game and I don’t think that includes the games that I have utilised the return and try again option.

I also have a rule where I MUST win the game before I start another one, this is broken only on rare occasions when I can’t find a way to win a game.  Anyone else out there have computer games or other games that they spend an inordinate amount of time playing?

7 comments:

  1. I am so bad abotu Freecell. I play most days. Since I spend so much time on that and Spider I refuse to try any others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have had a game called Snood loaded onto every computer we've owned - has given us hours and hours of wasted time. Jigsaws are another online delight - that is if you call wasting time a delight lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done - I only play the one suite spider solitaire. Dad has given me his latest "cast-off" laptop which has a version of mah-jong which I really enjoy. (I've yet to commission the newer laptop - still using his first cast-off that he bought in 2003)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol! I play "facebook". It takes hours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A friend shouted me a pogo subscription years ago... I love it.. was the beginning of a long stint with online games.. and I must say it has carried me over many hurdles.. so not such a bad thing.. just terribly addictive. :) Marilyn x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to play spider solitaire....but haven't played in ages...by the time I check emails/blogs when I get home from work it's time for bed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm addicted to Spider too. I have a "quick game" while I am waiting for pages to load (we only have dial-up. If I stopped playing I would have time to make all the things I download patterns for!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)