Monday, 31 January 2011

Recent acquisitions

IMG_5128

  of fabric that is.  I didn’t realise how much there was until I had it all washed and hanging to dry.

IMG_5129

some Kiwiana fat quarters, New Zealand bush scene, kiwi fruit, buzzy bee and paua shells.  I might use some of these for siggy blocks.

IMG_5130

These are actually handkerchiefs, but are quite large and were a good price, some more candidates for siggy blocks perhaps.

IMG_5131

Some robot fabric I picked up from Spotlight, could be useful as the centre for some blocks and then pick up the colours as borders for the blocks.

5 comments:

  1. All of that fabric is so bright and cute ~ love the bee fabric especially!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh.... fabric. I haven't been in a fabric store for about 2 or 3 weeks. Written down it doesn't sound like a lot, does it? Perhaps it's more that my fabric got packed away a month ago and I haven't touched a machine for a month.

    Thanks for sharing. It's all lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Paua fabric and I think I have something in the Aboriginal print as well as it looks familiar! Doesn't quilting fabric drying on the inspire one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous fabric, Pip ! Your selections are color and pattern are excellent ! We agree, the handkerchiefs will make wonderful siggy blocks. And, the robots and buzzy bees are adorable. Best wishes from Marina and Daryl :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops ! Meant to write, "Your selections OF color and pattern are excellent. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)