Thursday, 20 January 2011

Mail call

I ordered these books from The Book Depository about 3 weeks before Christmas, they finally arrived today, so no prizes for guessing what I will be reading over the next few weeks (in addition to my fiction reading).

IMG_5099

and while the exchange rate was so good last year I also ordered BlockBase which arrived last week.  I’m thinking about making this quilt (or a version of it) some time in the future.  Some months ago I downloaded all the blocks that were available at that time, and then thinking ahead I also purchased the pattern (although it isn’t a pattern as I know it) so now I have all the tools I need when I decide to start it

IMG_5101

4 comments:

  1. Dear Pip, wishing you so much fun with these fabrics and inspiring books,

    Michelle xxx - a (long suffering and very understanding), caring Quilter's daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I have come to the conclusion that you are one, crazy woman!...No, actually I am very envious of your talent and dedication to get something like that finished.

    Cheers - Joolz

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a very iteresting quilt, but as soon as my DJ is done, I'm going back to work on Sylvia's Bridal Sampler. I look forward to seeing your work, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i love the book depository. and there's nothing nicer than a stack of new books :)
    l
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)