Monday, 17 January 2011

I’ve surprised myself

with how quickly I managed to put together these two lap quilts.  Usually I obsess over the layout and the colours, but  these two came together easily.  The first one was made with a charm square pack, and some backing and binding fabric that seemed to go with it.

IMG_5087

For this one, I already had the half-square triangle blocks made, so I just mixed them up a bit, grabbed blue fabric for the sashing,  more fabric for binding and backing and away I went.

IMG_5089

Quilt basting spray made it quick and easy to put the sandwich together and then I quilted and bound them on Sunday and tidied up the ends and put labels on today.  They will go off in the post to Corrie sometime this week.

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful! Love the fabric combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them Pip! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. they look fantastic.
    i was at hettie's patch today and i almost bought some of that quilt baste spray....but i had so many other things to buy (as you do when you only go in to buy binding!!). anyway - i might get some next time because i sure hate pinning!!
    l
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are beautiful. I particularly love the colours in the top one.

    I am always amazed at how people can seemingly whip up a quilt or two :-)

    Beautiful quilts Pip/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...look how fast you are!
    These are both beautiful quilts!
    I know they will be very appreciated!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)