Tuesday, 21 December 2010

The weekend was cool

in temperature so it was quite nice to have the oven on for some Christmas baking.  Usually by this time of the year we are starting to feel the heat in temperatures of over 30C (86F) and I can get quite frazzled making baked goods.

IMG_4874

I usually make spiced almonds and Tuscan nut biscuits, but this year I also made granola which I put in jars and a rich fruit cake which I cut into smaller sized portions and then wrap.  I then proceed to give most of it away to friends, leaving just enough for us to enjoy without going overboard.

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea Pip. It all looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy! I've made only one batch of cookies, but hopefully will get some help from my daughter to do more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we make sugared almonds to give away - but i like the idea of savoury almonds.
    today I am going to attempt to make a gingerbread house to decorate on Friday with the kids.
    I want to get as much done as possible today and tomorrow - before it heats up.
    Merry Christmas Pip!
    l
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas and New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)