Monday, 20 December 2010

168 and 169 are finished finally

(an upcoming event called Christmas is starting to require my attention)

I10 was a pain to make.  I wanted to avoid the set-in seams on the block so I thought I could make it the same way as I made J5,  but there were too many seams and it didn’t look right so I unsewed and tried again but by then the centre fabric star was getting a bit frayed and tired (as I was) so not to be beaten I made another one and appliqued it on, problem solved.

IMG_4847

I10 – Iris’ Medallion

paper foundation pieced and applique

IMG_4854

J1 – Josepha’s Jonquil Variation 2 (sort of)

Pieced and applique

I was going to make this block the same way as I had made I11 here but after I had pieced together the background decided to applique instead.

So now all the blocks are made I feel slightly deflated, but there is still plenty left to do, I didn’t start squaring up and trimming the blocks until I was about halfway through them so I need to finish them before I can start putting them all together and there are a couple of blocks that I will do again but I think that will be a task for 2011.

6 comments:

  1. "so now all the blocks are made"... ! Sincere congratulations!! What a monumental undertaking. You achieved your DJ goal for 2010 ! Just imagine how gorgeous all those blues will be when you put them together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done so well. It is a stupendous achievement. When all is done it will be a treasure for your heart and soul.

    I do understand the feelings you describe. I get them too. Please don't let those feelings minimise your work. I am so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on finishing your blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Pip CONGRATULATIONS, and they look so nice. I will do J1 like you did. When is the finished date?????:)
    Have a Merry Christmas, and a stitch-filled 2011

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on having them all made! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATULATIONS, Pip!!! Your blocks look fantastic. I love L & M, what an awesome job you've done.
    Merry Christmas and the Happiest of New Years.
    All my best,
    Heather
    =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)