Wednesday, 15 December 2010

166 and 167

Another two blocks that I enjoyed making.

IMG_4836

I13 – Sweet Harmony

paper foundation pieced

IMG_4848

J5 – John Jacob’s Windmill

Paper foundation pieced in two parts, following the instructions in That Quilt blog which made this block quite easy. I found the fabric that I used for this block tucked away under all the other fabrics, I wasn’t going to use it as I thought the beige background would overwhelm the blue but it has turned out quite well.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Pip.. have not been around much.. but just wanted to wish you joy for the Christmas season. I keep up with your blogs and they are a great source of joy for me. I love blogging but get my nose into other things and seem to get distracted...lol. I am sure you understand. Happy Christmas to you and yours. MARILYN xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took a squiz at the 'That Quilt' site - it nearly did my head in seeing how to make J5! It must be a great help having a tutorial to follow for the blocks, but my head started spinning! Um, I'd need more than a tutorial...think I'll stick to cross stitch and biscuit making.

    Have a nice day - looks like it's going to be clear, sunny and breezy - just how I like it.

    Cheers - Joolz

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're certianly rushing through them now Pip, must be 'cause the end is near!! The last few are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lot of little pieces in I13. Give yourself a gold star (two of them !) +*+*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)