Wednesday, 17 November 2010

Two more

I seem to be on a bit of a roll now.

IMG_4749

G2 – Mohawk Trail

Foundation pieced in strips, trying to line up the middle strips was a tad difficult owing to the bulk in the seams.  The original block appears to have had the same problem. If I was making this again, I would press the seams open to lessen the bulk.

IMG_4750

H2 – Jacob Anthony

Foundation pieced and applique, I had worked out a nifty way to avoid the inset seams, (by making the inner block in two halves, putting the triangular edge strips on, then joining the two halves together), but I forgot about it and ended up having to do the inset seams.

8 comments:

  1. You are really getting on with these! More beautiful blocks. I can't wait to see it together

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep showing your hard work! It's inspiring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful: there are right triangles in one block, and isosceles triangles in the other ! One wonders what Jane Stickle was thinking of when she designed a wonky block like H2, though...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks always look beautiful, and this one is no exception.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colors & fabrics of these 2 blocks!
    Your finished quilt is going to be AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pip,
    You're practically done! Your work is fantastic. I cannot wait to see the blocks all together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great looking blocks.
    www.quiltsampler.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)