Thursday, 25 November 2010

Sweet sixteen

NOT.  I’m very happy this block has been finished. It was made over a few days, rather than in one session.  This was another block where I found that the melons weren’t going to fit in the space available, so once again I printed them off slightly smaller.

IMG_4788J10 – Chieko’s Calla Lily Variation 1

Applique and pieced

5 comments:

  1. Love it! These complicated ones are really lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was one of the last ones I made because it was so hard to do a good job of those little melons. Your block looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pip, This block looks really good. It's a good idea to print the melons out a little smaller, I will keep that in mind. I have to start again on my DJ blocks:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made this one and wasn't smart enough to make the melons smaller. Instead I ran into the seam allowance and then ended up cutting off all the points when I attached the sashing. Yours looks great though, it has seam allowances all the way around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also failed to consider making the melons a bit smaller...should I redo this block, I'll keep it in mind. Thanks for sharing, Pip.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)