Wednesday, 10 November 2010

Still not too much happening here, although my headaches seem to have disappeared, I had an eye test and while my prescription has changed marginally it wasn’t really enough to justify getting another pair of eye glasses, which pleased me as a $400 plus purchase hadn’t really been budgeted for just yet.  More frequent breaks from both sewing and the computer screen have been suggested as a way to relieve eye strain.  Thanks to everyone for their best wishes, as yet I haven’t replied to any comments but I will get there.

IMG_4723

These lovely pieces (pincushion, coaster, needle case and quiltlet) were sent to me by Heather from the Retrofabulous blog as a thank you for some charity blocks I made earlier in the year.

They are just gorgeous and I am already using them.  Thank you again, Heather.

IMG_4694

E13 – Moth in a Web

All paper foundation pieced

IMG_4695

a bit of a play with free-motion quilting, I think I’m getting better at it.

8 comments:

  1. Hello PIp
    Finally managed to get over to your place - what a lovely gift to receive - the bluey green colours go well with pinks don't they and you certainly have done a lot more Dear Jane blocks, so fresh looking in the blue and white (my favourite combination)
    I really like the look of the variegated thread in the quilting picture - makes you look to see where one colour finsihes and another begins
    Don't suppose the doctor or optician mentioned the word 'aging' did he - mine often does (in jest)when he can't find a reason for anything
    Take care
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pip ~ LOVE your free motion quilting! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you didn't have to replace your glasses. Love your free motion quilting, looking very professional!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your FMQ is wonderful! Headaches? How come I didn't know that? Oh. I have to read the words as well as look at the pictures? I have headaches all the time and my doctor says that I always have them, I'd be lonely without them. (So not true) Hope your head feels better soon cause they can be so debilitating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your headaches subside soon. Love those items you received, very pretty fabric. Your experimenting with the free-motion quilting is looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad to hear that your headaches have disappeared and that you didn't have to fork over the money for new glasses. Your free motion quilting looks good, and as always, I love your latest block!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pip

    Yes we are back from our trip - phew what a whirlwind month that was. Still have to put some pics on the blog when I get time.

    I happened across a blog lady who has done a Dear Jane - thought you might like a squizzy.

    www.mydearjane.blogspot.com

    Isn't the weather just gorgeous at the moment? We have had a few fogs which herald lovely warm sunny days. Bliss!

    Cheers - Joolz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how the Dear Jane blocks are progressing. Glad you don't need another pair of glasses yet but you've reminded me I missed my 2 yearly check so I'll have to have that done. Great FMQ!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)