Tuesday, 30 November 2010

I’m browsing through

this book at the moment and I’m finding it quite informative and inspiring. It is the story of an antique quilt and how Pam Holland came to make her version of it.  It was made and quilted using a domestic sewing machine, so I got some good hints on machine quilting (I also found some videos on Pam’s website which are quite informative)

IMG_4668

Although I don’t think that I would ever attempt to make the 1776 quilt itself, (full instructions and full size templates are provided in the book) there is a section called Offspring Quilts – Projects inspired by 1776  (patterns provided) and there are a couple of enticing quilts in there. 

1 comment:

  1. New ideas, huh? Dear Jane must be feeling close to finished. It is a lovely book!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)