Sunday, 28 November 2010

House building

I’ve been having a fun weekend doing a bit of free style quilt block making.  Beth at Love Laugh Quilt is celebrating the blogging community by building a quilty neighbourhood.  So I’ve made a couple of house blocks to help increase the real estate.  You can read more about it over at the friendly neighbourhood spot.

IMG_4795

This was the first house block I made, I just got out a heap of scraps and started putting them together, then I decided to add a little bit of embroidery as well, just to finish it off.

IMG_4797

My second block, a little bit different from the first one, this time around I laid out my block before I started sewing, it came together quite quickly.

IMG_4799

The third block I made, this time I tried out the blanket stitch on my machine.  I really had a good time making these blocks, the free-style aspect appealed to me and made a change from Dear Jane quilt blocks.

7 comments:

  1. I love your houses Pip! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little houses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely houses, I can see that you are having a good time. It is necessary to let go once in a blue moon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are certainly never idle Pip ~ the houses are wonderful! Love the machined blanket stitch and the lace curtain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like its going to be a happy neighbourhood, I'd like to see the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the little houses Pip. Would be a great idea for 'swap' blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your house blocks. You've inspired me to get busy and make one too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)