Saturday, 13 November 2010

Cross Stitch Saturday

Chooky Blue had the great idea for a bloggers cross stitch display over the weekend. I’ve been needing a bit of a push to start blogging more consistently so I thought I would join in.  I haven’t done any cross stitch for years, but I used to quite enjoy it although I only ever did cross stitch on Aida cloth and never on linen.  (I think I would have gone blind trying to cross stitch on linen)  I still have quite a collection of threads from those days but now I prefer to use it in simple stitchery projects although I would still love to make a cross stitch sampler one day (one for the bucket list maybe).

IMG_4732

Most of the cross stitch I made were pictures which were framed and given away, although one Christmas I made little lavender bags, which were quick and easy to make, I remember I made them all while on night shift when I was in the RNZAF and I kept this one for myself.

IMG_4738

I think I still have the diagrams for this butterfly one stashed away somewhere, I made this when I lived in Singapore

IMG_4733

For more Cross Stitch Saturday  take a look at these blogs;

Jean,   CardygirlSuzitee, Jeanette,   DawnBloomLynda,   Leanne,   LouleeRosemarie,   MareeJulzShireeLurline, CathyGracieLizJuliaMarcJoolzNicola,  and  Broderie

You can just click on each name and it should open in a separate window.

17 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing your cross stitches.......gorgeous......seems we have all done some and given away to others........at least now blogging we take a photo first and have a record on our blogs of what we have done.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work is great, love the butterfly one especially. Your DJ blocks are beautiful too. That really is a labor of love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Isn't it funny how much crafting we do that we then give away to other people. It's always lovely to make something and keep it ourselves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful work, love the last one in the oval frame.
    thank you for sharing,
    cheers Julz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work..this is so much fun seeing what everyone has worked on..
    thank you Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful work , thanks for sharing, I love working on linen and lugana

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've enjoyed seeing your pretty cross-stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely pieces. Thanks for showing and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing all your beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such beautiful work Pip! I have so enjoyed seeing everyone's work today...makes me want to start cross stitching again! Thank you for sharing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cross stitch is one of my favorite crafts, and yours are just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. very nice...the letter P is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such pretty stitches, thankyou for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I enjoyed seeing your lovely pieces .... many thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pip,

    I love all your beautiful cross-stitch pieces. Your needlework skills are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your pieces are lovely like you I haven't xstitched in ages. I am in awe of any one who makes a DJ quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)