Tuesday, 16 November 2010

A bit of progress

I’ve started making some of the blocks that I have been putting aside because I don’t like the look of them,  (they have too much applique for my liking) but if I want to finish this quilt then they must be done, so instead of putting the printouts to the bottom of my pile, I am working my way through them.

IMG_4746

F5 – Parcheesi

Paper foundation pieced and applique

IMG_4747

F6 – Deanie’s Daisies

Paper foundation pieced and applique

Once I completed both of these I  realised they weren’t as bad as I thought.

5 comments:

  1. I think they look great! Can't wait to see how all your pieces look together...must be getting closer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I now have someone else's DJ blocks to look at besides mine. I made my 2nd. triangle the other day. Yours look very striking in that colour combo.
    www.quiltsampler.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it funny how those harder on es aren't quite so bad once you get started on them? Maybe it's all the new skills you acquire as you work through the blocks. They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They do look great though! I do understand the trepidation!! I still wouldn't have done them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic fabrics Pip!! I cannot believe the variety of blues you have. The darker blues provide such lovely contrast and your work is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)