Sunday, 21 November 2010

Applique

One definition: Ornamented with a pattern (which has been cut out of another colour or stuff) applied or transferred to a foundation.

IMG_4765

F9 – Autumn Aster

Pieced, reverse applique and applique

IMG_4766

H12 – Hannah Lou’s Hearts Variation 2

Pieced, and applique

The method for making the block this way came from Sarah in Texas, I think it has turned out really well.

IMG_4767

and here we have some more applique, waiting to be completed this week.  Once these three are complete I think there are only a few blocks with small amounts of applique, and I will tackle them next.

9 comments:

  1. You really are chipping away at this enormous project! We had a needle turn lesson in civil war class this week. It's interesting how differently we all do it! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in awe and inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing so well with all the tiny applique bits. Perseverance is a highly underrated quality. The blocks look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your applique is so neat. I certainly don't want anyone to see mine up so close. Your quilt is going to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're admiring your applique work, which is perfect, and we love the blues in Hannah Lou's Hearts. Very pretty blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty, love 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking good and your putting me to shame...lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Pip for showing me some more blocks. You are keeping me enthused.
    www.quiltsampler.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. GORGEOUS blocks, Pip. You are on a roll!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)