Saturday, 2 October 2010

This is the reverse side of G12 (Variation 2) hopefully you can see how I constructed this block from the picture.  I paper foundation pieced the outside making a frame which included the points of the star which are at 12,3,6 and 9 o’clock, then I reverse appliqued the other star (points facing to the corners).

IMG_4546

It was a bit tricky making the frame as I had to make the 4 corner triangles (2 pieces) then the 4 sides (4 pieces) then attach part of the side to the triangle, making sure not to sew into the seam allowance of the side piece, then I pressed the seam allowance under, pinned a square of the fabric to cover the gap, flipped it over and attached it.  I sewed the points first to keep it even, then the remainder.

I hope this makes sense, maybe I should have made little tags to point to the relevant part.

6 comments:

  1. I love seeing how you've done your block. Very neat work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking at this block in complete awe. Oh my, such incredible work, do pat yourself on the back.

    I think I'll keep on with knitting!

    Sending care and huggles to you, dear Pip, along with the Mister and gorgeous Cody,

    Michelle xxx (Zeb is asleep, kind of moan/mumbling away to himself)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Pip this is very clear and helpful. I will do mine the same way.

    Happy stitching

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, this one looks realy tricky. Worth it for the finished block though, awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)