Sunday, 10 October 2010

Something for myself

I felt the need to actually make and finish something this weekend, I didn’t really have any idea about what I would make until I was browsing through the Retrofabulous blog and saw a link to Spun Sugar Quilts for

IMG_4580

this Giant Pincushion Sewalong which was held back in July.  All I had to do was check that I had everything required as I didn’t really want to go out and buy anything once I started making it.  The instructions were really clear and it didn’t take long before I had everything cut out and ready to go, then it was just a matter of stitching it all together for a nice, quick finish. The pincushion is definitely a giant one, there is no way it will be getting lost, covered up or misplaced on my sewing table as has happened in the past with my other pincushion

9 comments:

  1. Looks good, and thanks for putting it next to some books to give some perspective as to the size.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love it....I'm on my way to that blog right now! This would also make a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did it! A finish! Well done! Pin cushions are so important too. I love mine. Jess made it for me when she was 15. I fell in love with some similar ones at the patchwork apple and when we came home she just sat down and made me one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pip, I love the fabrics you chose for your giant pincushion!! I use mine all the time. May you enjoy yours for years to come.
    Best Wishes & Happy Quilting,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh it's pretty. and how nice to make and finish a project so quickly. i like that instant gratification occasionally. your post has reminded me that i bought the gerald durrel book for julian because he loved the movie. i must dig it out and start reading it to him.
    l
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that paisley fabric, very pretty. Well done, it's good to start and finish something in the same day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what a great giant pincushion. Thank you for sharing, I will have a look at this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Pip,
    Well done on the pin cushion. I bet you will be enjoying its use for ages!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)