I produced three blocks during the weekend, all sewn on Miss Ruby. So far I am quite happy with Miss Ruby, although I do have a couple of issues, one of them being the 1/4” foot; the 1/4” seam is a bit more than a 1/4” which I think is due to the fact that the needle is not centred, once I have that fixed then I think the quarter inch seam problem will be solved. I don’t think the built-in needle threader is as good as the one on my Janome 6260QC but maybe I need to practise a bit more.
E8 the first block I made on Miss Ruby
F8 – I even remembered to mirror this block so it looks the same as the original
H8 – applique and foundation piecing
I’ve started adding the sashing to the blocks as I complete them, something I should have done from the start, as it is a very boring job to do and I have already found a couple of my earlier blocks need some adjustment as they are a bit skimpy in the seam allowance. I always leave a bit extra on the outer edges of the block now, much easier to trim back to the desired size than try to add extra on.