Wednesday, 13 October 2010

Another finish (or two)

IMG_4598

A couple of weeks ago I saw this book on a blog (and I haven’t been able to find the blog again, hangs head in shame), and as there were a couple of softies on the cover that I was interested in, I thought I would see if the library had it, they did, so I requested it and picked it up a few days ago.

IMG_4593

So far I have made these two, in the pattern they have a tail which is fixed on to the back, but I didn’t like that idea so my two have no tails.  The softies are all quite easy to make as they are all designed to be hand sewn and easy enough for children to make by themselves with maybe a little assistance from an adult. Once I’ve finished them,I will be sending them to Lucky for her Huggles for Blackwood Hospital which you can read all about  here.

9 comments:

  1. They are too cute. I think I'll go to my library as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beautiful - very beautiful Manx Cats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! It's a lovely book too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how gorgeous, I love their little faces:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're great Pip. Lucky will love to have them. I love your big fat pincushion too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your softies, soooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are adorable! Another craft I will have to look into.....soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very adorable. Aren't local libraries wonderful! I've just borrowed a great book from my library on bag making called Hold It! by Nancy Restuccia.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cats are so cute. Love them. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)