Thursday, 9 September 2010

Week off

While my sister was visiting us last week, I decided to give my Dear Jane a rest for a week or so.  Just as well as we were quite busy.  We went to the show on Saturday making a beeline for the Goyder Pavilion to check out the cookery entries.  I was lucky enough to get two second places for my bread entries and another two seconds for my preserve entries, needless to say I was quite happy with that result.  We spent some time looking at all the other entries, one person had entered at least 28 categories (!!!!!) which in itself is a wonderful effort, to top it off they placed in all of those categories as well.  I can’t even begin to imagine the hard work that went into them all  (actually I think I would rather not even try to imagine it)  

IMG_4434 IMG_4435

I made this block yesterday, I have already use this fabric once but this time I used the wrong side, the colour is less intense and it’s a good way of getting a slightly different look.

IMG_4451

I’m hoping to complete block L10 during this week, reading other blog entries about this block it appears to be a real stinker.

3 comments:

  1. A little break is needed sometimes. Congrats on the show wins! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations !!! for both your Show achievements and the beautiful Dear Jane block. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this block, and your fabric. Very well done! Also, congratulations on your winning entries ~ that's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)