Thursday, 30 September 2010

Tulips

IMG_4526

  Usually by this time of the year the tulips have died back, but this year because we have had cooler weather they seem to be hanging on for much longer.  I bought some bulbs a couple of years back, which I dutifully chilled for six weeks before planting out, but since then they have been left to their own devices (which seems to be a common theme in my garden),  they usually oblige with a few blooms each year.

IMG_4541

As these have been so obliging I might consider planting some more next year as they add a nice touch of colour to the garden and a nice surprise when they come up in spring.

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love tulips, but so do the deer in our area. I usually just stick to daffodils since nothing eats them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're so beautiful. Thanks for sharing the photos with us - I adore tulips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are beautiful. I've never tried growing tulips.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)