Friday, 10 September 2010

Nearly done with Nasty Nan

I have made significant progress on this block today, partially machine sewn and partially hand sewn, it is starting to come together quite nicely. (of course this may change tomorrow when I attempt to finish it off)

IMG_4461

The two small triangles aren’t quite lined up, but I think the result is better than if I had appliqued them

IMG_4462

Once I have completed the other end and the sides I will then trim the block to size, I’ve found that if you extend the ends of the block you don’t have to grapple with tiny pieces of fabric.

3 comments:

  1. Lol! I am doing a civil war class and our teacher has the same idea. Make it bigger and then resize it! This one is looking pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking good. That particular block was the very devil to make. This was one where I wondered how in the world Jane ever thought of this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great suggestions, Pip. Looks like this little bugger is going quite smoothly for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)