Monday, 27 September 2010

Meagre effort for last week

This was the sum total of my efforts last week, I had already pieced most of  J13 a few weeks ago and just needed some motivation to complete the applique and G13 had been cut out ready to sew for a week or so.

IMG_4535

J13 and G13

I ended up using applique on the curved pieces of G13 as my hand pieced effort was really awful.  It is still a bit skewed but a much better result than my first attempt.  I have 54 blocks left to go, I’m aiming to have them finished by the end of the year.

5 comments:

  1. They look lovely! Isn't it nice to be closing in on the end?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Meagre" sounds just like my week! I am starting to get excited about seeing your quilt! Really lovely blocks this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pip, your blocks are great. You're so hard on yourself! You look like an applique natural on this end of the screen. =)
    Happy Quilting,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of your blocks look wonderful!
    You are really getting close now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been following your progress on this and I think you're doing very well with all the curves and triangles.Can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)