Thursday, 9 September 2010

In the garden …

With all the wind and heavy rain we had last week I’m very surprised that I still have some flowers left in the garden, but as you can see there are quite a few.

IMG_4452

Perhaps I should have taken this photo from the other end, the anenomes all seem to be facing the wrong direction.

IMG_4456 

This is a flower from a succulent that has just sat there for the past two years and has only just now decided to spring into life.  It has thrived on neglect so I might try to propagate a few more of them.

IMG_4459

This is a freesia which looks as though it will have quite an interesting coloured flower if the buds are anything to go by, should be open in the next day or so.

4 comments:

  1. What lovely flowes! Ours are all just about to disappear until next spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your garden! It's so pretty. Are you excited about water restrictions being lifted?

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful! I love the anenomes, gorgeous colours. For a long while ive been focused on my veggie garden and haven't bothered much with flowers but this year ive been putting some in and its so nice to have all the colours outside. I think my favourite part is bringing them inside!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful photos again Pip. Love the anemonies, such pretty colours.
    AND well done with the show entries.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)