Monday, 13 September 2010

Chicken Pie

It was quite nice weather today so I decided that I would get out in the garden again and get a bit more weeding done.  As I get older I’m noticing that it takes me more time to keep the garden looking nice, and really the only time of the year that it does look decent is late winter and spring, when all the rain keeps everything nice and green.  We’ve had more rain this year than last year so I’ll hope that the soil will retain moisture for longer and of course watering restrictions have been eased, but I don’t think I will be going crazy with the water.

IMG_4470

Once all the freesias have finished I am going to lift them and save some for potting next year.  Previously I have just left them to naturalise but they are getting out of control now (top picture)  so I think I will plant miniature cyclamen under the flowering plum, I’m fairly confident they will do well there as I have quite a few planted out in the back yard. I also think it will look quite good visually, as the cyclamen flower a few weeks before the plum blossom comes out. The picture below is how the freesia buds came out that I posted about a couple of days ago, the colours are a bit different from what the buds looked like aren’t they?

IMG_4472

After a few hours gardening I came in for a well deserved rest and popped some chicken pies that I had made earlier into the oven ready for tea.  I’ve been working on this recipe for a while now but I still haven’t got it quite right, I need to try a couple more things before I post the recipe in full.

IMG_4478

4 comments:

  1. That pie looks fantastic, and I'm really looking forward to having a go when you're happy to post it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to your pie recipe. I haven't had a good chicken pie in years. Your flowers are just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pie does look good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flowers are beautiful, and what a cute house! Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)