Sunday, 1 August 2010

Sidetracked

I made this block during the weekend, not from EQ7 but one I saw in an old copy of Down Under Quilts which I kept going back to and thinking about.  The colours in the picture aren’t very accurate as the outer border is actually a dark purple and the inner border is purple as well.  Not sure if I’m finished with this yet, I may just put another border around it, quite enjoyable to make but it is a pain taking out all the foundation paper.

IMG_4310

This is the anenome bud that was very tightly shut just a few days ago, another couple of days and it will be out fully.  The colour in this picture has come out true to life, I wonder if it is the light (or the lack of, because it was quite overcast) that has helped.

IMG_4317

5 comments:

  1. That's an outstanding block. The anemone is so pretty now, but I know they're gorgeous when open.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo Pip.....loving that block....I am so challenged when it comes to foundation piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your paper-pieced quilt looks wonderful! A nice change of pace I bet from Jane ;)

    That emerging blossom is just GORGEOUS! So is your photography!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's strange how colour turns out in photos. I took a photo of a Christmas quilt and put it on my blog. When Jess came over and saw it in real life she was taken aback cause the colours looked so different.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a crafter, just a curious old man. My daughter is a crowshayer (of course that previous word is mispelled), a knitter, and a quilter. She has lived across the street from me for twenty-one years and recently moved off. I guess I've got empty nest syndrome again.

    I wanted to asked, what's a maine coon cat?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)