Friday, 20 August 2010

Doesn’t time fly …

I started this post a week or so ago when I was tidying up my sewing room and that was as far as it went.  My sewing room is quite tidy now although there are still a couple of areas which need some attention.

IMG_4363

Then I had a couple of books which I had to finish so that took some time as well.   I finished these three Dear Jane blocks and I realised that I am just over halfway through all the blocks, a great feeling especially as I have done all the triangles and the corner blocks.

IMG_4403

I posted off the blocks that I made in this post and this post to Heather at Retro-fabulous today.  Back in July Heather wrote about donating some blocks for RSVP (Retired Senior Volunteer Program) for their block collection, some of the donated blocks will be made into a fundraiser quilt and the remainder will be made into lap quilts for the elderly.  If anyone wants to make a block to donate you can hop over the Heather’s blog here for more information.

4 comments:

  1. Your sewing room looks just as it should. I like the bottom one of these 3 blocks the best, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have missed you Pip! Have you been cleaning your sewing room all this time? I just keep ignoring mine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great Pip. I am thinking of starting mine again from scratch. Not real happy with the seeded homespun I picked out....I have a lovely leafy cream/beige colour I want to use as a background fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pip, lovely Jane blocks! You've been very busy these days.

    Thank you so much for posting about the RSVP block collection.

    All my best,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)