Saturday, 21 August 2010

After I went and voted this morning I came back and finished making croissants (from this recipe)  I just made the one batch of croissants and although I would have loved to have made the Almond Cream and Creme Patisserie mentioned in the recipe, I decided to leave that for another day.

IMG_4408

I was quite happy with how the croissants turned out, when I have made them in the past (from a different recipe) I have had problems with the butter leaking out, although there was some leakage this time it was minimal.  They also took a bit longer to cook in my oven so next time I will probably start them baking on the fan-bake setting.  The one that I had fresh from the oven was just beautiful.

IMG_4414

Even though I prepared a few Dear Jane blocks ready to applique or hand piece while I listened to the election results tonight, I managed to finish one and half piece another. The block below was one I completed earlier in the afternoon. 

IMG_4412

6 comments:

  1. Those croissants look delicious! I am loving all your Dear Jane blocks still!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, croissants are not listed in Annette Sym's books - I wonder why??

    I had a break from the 28 day Masterclass last night. Bri and I went out for some nice Thai food after seeing a movie. I didn't over-indulge but the fat content was evident in the dishes we had. It was delicious but it's back to healthy eating again today. I hope to make a baked cheesecake from the book today.
    Off to netball at 10.30am.

    Cheers - Joolz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the website address for Poh! DD and I just love croissants and now we can have a go at making them! Your Dear Jane blocks are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pip, we love your Dear Jane blocks ! Wonderful to read that you are over halfway done. You're making fabulous progress!

    Best wishes from

    Marina and Daryl at Quilt Inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pip your DJ blocks are beautiful, and good for you - over halfway done - wow. I just came home from spending some days in Paris where I had the luxury of French croissant mmmmm it was so good but yours croissant looks delicious, I will have to try that recipe thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Pip! Your blocks are beautiful and the croissants? AMAZING looking...cannot imagine how delicious they must taste! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)