Thursday, 8 July 2010

Le Tour

I thought I would have a little fun with this appliqué block (F13 – Tour de France) and after hunting through my stash for fabrics with circle shapes in the print, I came up with this, it has come out rather well I think.

IMG_4207

J4 – Adelaine’s Apron Strings was a quick and easy one to finish off the day.  I’m browsing through The Quilter's Block Bible by Celia Eddy at the moment and there is a version of this block in there called Kentucky Chain, the only difference being that the middle patch is a dark fabric, which makes a lattice effect when a few of the blocks are joined together.

IMG_4206 

I’m slowly working on LS4  at the moment, just finishing up the appliqué and tomorrow I’ll do the paper foundation piecing of it.

7 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the way you've done F13. What a clever use of fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in LOVE with your Tour de France block! The way you fussy cut that pretty fabric is stunningly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE F13~~!!!! What a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kris (Life at Rosemary Hill) sent me hear to see your dear jane (I'm working on it too) and I love your blocks-the blues and white are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Pip, you have such a very good eye for how to cut and place patterned fabric. The Tour de France block really draws in the eye. And you've done it again with the Apron Strings block, taking care with how the patterned pieces sit and relate to each other. I'm sitting over here in awe once more,

    Michelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Tour de France block. You should be very happy with it.
    I also love the apple butter idea, be a change from lemon butter. I used to buy apple & mint jelly which went beautifully with roast lamb.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Pip
    Hope you didn't borrow those 'wheels' from the cycling contenders who were using them for other means today - if you saw ABC News this evening you would have seen a few flaring tempers at the end of that particular stage lol
    Take care
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)