Monday, 26 July 2010

Done and dusted …

Late yesterday afternoon I finished the last triangle, RS6 (Tumbling Blocks, bottom right, bottom picture), one of the more difficult ones, mainly I think because of all the inset seams.  The best advice I can give anyone making this triangle is: do not sew into your seam allowance.  I partially foundation pieced this triangle, and then laid all the pieces out in a rough triangle shape, so I could see what went where, then I just gradually pieced it together.

IMG_4268

BR9, BR10, RS5

IMG_4269  RS12, RS10, RS6

Now it is back to the blocks again, although I think I might have a couple of days off sewing and tidy up my sewing room, maybe do a small project that I have waiting, catch up on my blog reading, I might even make some changes to my blog and maybe also my facebook page as well.

6 comments:

  1. They look great. I now have more than half of the triangles done, and hope to make big progress this week, after a week off. I love your fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them all, but I always have a favorite one of the group ~ this time top set, upper left...very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Top set right side one is the one I like, though they are all lovely Pip. Cant wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, dear Pip. I hope you celebrated with glass full of something pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are all Gorgeous! Time for a celebration! I'm happy for you to have completed all those tricky triangle blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PIP!! Oh my, you have been incredibly busy. All your triangles are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)