Wednesday, 2 June 2010

A milestone of a sort

This block that I finished today tipped me over the 2000 pieces mark of my Dear Jane quilt (there are about 5,600 odd pieces in it).


Looking at the photo, I wish I had made sure that there was a flower in each of the centre squares, I managed to do it for the tiny corner ones, but completely forgot about the larger squares, it would have made the block a bit more interesting. I was thinking that this one might be one that I would do again, but maybe I will embroider a flower in the other squares. What do you think??

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations for 2000 pieces! I think emboidery would be nice. Looking forward to see the result.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful Pip. Why not do a "matching" square but in reverse? White where this one is blue etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pip - congratulations on reaching the 2000 pieces mark on your dj quilt! That's quite an accomplishment.
    I like this little block just the way it is! I think that a bit unpredictable always makes things interesting ;D

    Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness. 2000 pieces! That's amazing. I'd go the embroidery. Your quilt is going to be so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Embroidery would be nice - but only if you really want to do so (a peaceful evening thing to do). Super congratulations for all the blocks you've achieved so far.

    I'm in a state of WOW with what you have done already for this quilt top - and I don't like the colour Blue!!!

    Sending care and many huggles from Michelle and Zebbycat, xxx and purrrrumbles

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)