Sunday, 2 May 2010

To Mum (a week early)

Nans_Bach_04

(Nan and Mum)

Mum

as I look back on my life

I find myself wondering

did I remember to thank you for all that you have done for me?

for all the times you were by my side to help me celebrate

my successes and accept my defeats

or for teaching me the value of hardwork,

good judgement, courage and honesty.

I wonder if I’ve ever thanked you for the simple things -

the laughter, smiles and quiet times we’ve shared.

If I have forgotten to express my gratitude for any of these things,

I am thanking you now -

and I am hoping that you’ve known all along

how very much you are loved and appreciated.

To Mum I love you …..

(author unknown)

2 comments:

  1. That made me teary, deary! Lovely words.

    Joolz

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful poem. Wish my Mom was still alive....it expresses everything a child's heart could. Mother's Day cards that I have seen have never captured this! Thank you very much for sharing ~ so glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)