It has been one of those funny weeks where I don’t feel that I have done very much, maybe it’s because we had a long weekend. I planted some rainbow chard seedlings which I hope will be the replacement for the silverbeet which I currently have growing. The silverbeet was actually planted about this time last year and is still growing well, despite the lack of care. We’ve had quite a few meals from them and I expect there are a few more there still. I also planted snow peas and sugar snap peas on Monday and if I want some garlic this year I guess I had better plant that this weekend.
This picture is of my broad beans which I planted about 2 weeks ago, I’m a bit late with them this year, so I put them in the old potato bed, which I think gets more sun in winter, there are a few potatoes growing that I missed, who knows maybe I will get a few off them. I certainly didn’t get very many potatoes last year, I think it got too hot at the wrong time of the year.
I finished off the triangle of the week BR8 (Thunderhead), I foundation paper pieced it and still managed to get the top part on wonky, and I can see that I have cut the points off on some of the triangles as well, but it doesn’t annoy me enough that I want to fix it. The other one is C6, which I hand pieced using the templates, I’m quite pleased with the way it has come out.