Friday, 21 May 2010

It is a Tartle …

Which is used to press pastry down into tartlet tins.

Mine was a present from my sister Jenny (waving hello) who gave it to me quite a few years ago, I wish I had used it sooner, as it is going to be very handy.

IMG_3890

Put a ball of pastry into the tartlet tin,

then use the tartle to press the pastry

flat, apply a bit more pressure,

and in no time at all, you end up with …..

IMG_3893

a couple of trays of formed tartlet shells.

Much easier than rolling out the pastry, cutting

it with the pastry cutter, then easing it

into the tins. I baked them in the oven at 185C for

15 minutes, they turned out beautifully.

IMG_3898

The pastry ingredients were:

90g butter, and 90g cream cheese (Philadelphia full fat)

1 cup plain flour

Blend together in a food processor until you can press it into a ball, then chill for about 10 minutes .

IMG_3904

I filled them with some of the defrosted lime curd that I blogged about here, which defrosts most successfully, there is a small amount of syrup evident but it can be stirred in easily.

They were very tasty, and the pastry was nice and crisp.

(I apologise for the wonky layout of this post, it looks totally different viewed through Windows Live Writer, and it also depends on the size of your computer screen as well)

6 comments:

  1. I am impressed!! I need one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea.

    Your tarts look yummo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I've never heard of or seen one of these before. What a good contraption. Mmmm, squooshy lime curd, tangy and sweet - Yum! Was there a dollop of cream to go with them?

    Cheers - Joolz

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful gubbins. Will have to check out the kitchen shops (is a really good one in Tauranga, must encourage my Folks to visit it once more)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how wonderful! What a great idea. So many possibilities and what a time saver ~ awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, the picture this post is making me hungry! Do you like to cook, as well as garden and quilt?

    Just signed up to follow your lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)