Saturday, 24 April 2010

Order

I did something that I have been thinking about for a while now, I pulled apart my Dear Jane book and put each page into a clear plastic sleeve, then I put my completed blocks in the corresponding sleeve as well.

IMG_3715 I know that a few other people that are making this quilt have done the same and I think it is a good idea.  When I want to make a block I just have to take the relevant page out of the folder, once I complete the block or blocks, I put the page back in the folder.  It provides a good place to store the blocks (so long as I keep it the right way up of course).

IMG_3716  I found this (I think it is a floppy disk holder) thrown out in a bin, so I rescued it as I thought I might be able to find a use for it, and it is just perfect to hold all the little scraps of fabric that otherwise get hidden by larger pieces and it makes it easy to see what I have got.  Now if only I could find some more, otherwise it looks as if a trip to Officeworks will be in order

 

IMG_3718

After I had finished that I thought I would re-arrange my embroidery threads.  I usually use whatever colour I feel like using at the time, so it made sense to put them in colour order rather than numerical order and it appeals to my liking for some order but also looks nice as well.

3 comments:

  1. What an awesome idea! This is such a big and interesting project...I will be watching with interest......and wishing I had your "commitment" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz,
    At the moment this quilt is holding my interest quite well. I know from other projects that after a while I lose interest, but I think with this one because every block is different and in some cases challenging, it will hold my interest right to the end.
    Pip

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like order. Maybe I'll get me some one day. Lol! I did tidy my sewing desk last week. Feels good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)