Monday, 5 April 2010

More Dear Jane blocks

I finished the long weekend with 6 completed Dear Jane blocks. On Saturday one of the things that I bought was a pack of charm squares from the Rural Jardin range by French General (see fabric swatches here) I had a bit of a flick through them in the shop and it looked as if there were enough blue bits for me to make some DJ blocks.



When I got home, I flicked through my Dear Jane pattern book looking for blocks that would be suitable (the charm squares were only 5 inches square, so not a lot of fabric there). I found at least 6 blocks that would work with a small amount of fabric. The other good thing was the fabrics are designed to be used together, so I could use 2 squares in a block if necessary (as I did in the middle block on the bottom row) .

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! The fabrics are great and I love that star!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your lovely ocmments Pip. Its nice to be back blogging again. I always feel like I am dropping in on a friend when I open your blog. Marilyn x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)