Tuesday, 13 April 2010

DJ progress

I have nearly completed 50 of the DJ blocks, there is a spread sheet available where you can scan each block and then transfer the picture of the block onto the spread sheet, but I have opted for a slightly more low tech method, namely sticking a piece of the material to the spread sheet as I complete each block.  I have it hanging in my workroom as a ready reference, and I suppose a bit of an incentive to finish.

IMG_3659

I actually need to stop making these blocks and give my workroom a bit of a tidy up, it looks as if a cyclone has hit it and I’m finding it hard to find things (always a sign that I need to put some things away) but I think I will save that for tomorrow.  The picture below shows the last batch I made and now that I have a task light, I can sew in the evening, I noticed that when daylight saving stopped, the afternoon light in my workroom was not really adequate for sewing so I got myself a special light, it has made quite a difference.

IMG_3661

4 comments:

  1. You are so organised Pip, great idea to have the spread sheet. The quilt will look fabulous when finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I simply cannot fathom the dedication and effort you're putting into that quilt. And it looks incredible so far. Well done, you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving that quilt so far Pip! When you're done cleaning at your house you should pop by here and clean a little more! Lol! What light did you get? I have been thinking about a light too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so inspired by your dedication to this quilt. I love your color choices...blue and white are my favorites...can't wait to see the finished project. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)