Sunday, 28 March 2010

Sunday wrap-up

As it is Easter next weekend, I thought I would make some early Hot Cross buns. I mentioned a few days ago about this book which I have been randomly dipping into. I was reading the section on Flours and came across a recipe for Hot Cross buns. Other recipes that I have made before have butter and eggs added, this one didn't, so I decided to make a half batch - 8 buns being a more moderate amount for the Mister and I to eat.


Instead of putting flour and water or pastry crosses on the buns, it was suggested to use marzipan instead, it was very successful, although as you can see I burnt the marzipan a bit (but it still tasted good). There are only three buns left now.


I made a couple of softies, you can download the instructions for the one on the right here. The one on the left is one of my own making, which I am still playing around with as it isn't quite how I have envisaged it.

I finished my quilt, the weather hasn't been too good for taking decent photos, I took a couple while it was hanging on the line after washing. Hopefully over the next couple of days there will be an opportunity to take some better photos.

3 comments:

  1. The softies are adorable, and your quilt is lovely! I do so enjoy visiting your blog each and every day ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Liz, I hope you aren't too disappointed when I don't post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It just makes me look forward to your next post :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)