Thursday, 11 March 2010

More Dear Jane blocks


73 pieces in this corner piece


Left Side 1 - Nancee's Fantasy

Two blocks done for this week, I have a very loose plan to complete one block a week, which I'm achieving easily, athough I probably need to do something else for a while to give myself a break from this quilt.

Edit: I thought it would be helpful to have a photo of how I divided up part of the block so I could paper foundation piece the bottom part. I use the Dear Jane software programme for most of my templates/foundation piecing but sometimes there is no foundation piecing diagram so I normally print out the block diagram and then look at it as if it were a jigsaw puzzle that I need to put together.

8 comments:

  1. Ok wow... they are incredibly intricate. And so precise! Fantastic job ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see Dear Jane blocks everywhere tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Pip, they are just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Pip, each block is some intricate and stunning. Such incredible, beautiful work. Give yourself a big pat on the back, here are huggles from me ooooooo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pip, This corner block of yours is fantastic and gives me confidence that it can be done. Thanks for sending me your link. Beautifully done. Lyn in New York

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pip,
    Your colors are gorgeous and your piecing, as usual, FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello everyone, thanks for all your lovely comments. I don't actually think my piecing is that good, there are mistakes there. With paper foundation piecing it is really just a matter of sewing along the lines (slowly)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)